Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Ask Specs Anything September 7,2016

Great Questions, only so much space!


Have a few questions this week, and these questions were all pretty quick answers, and I am going to share them all instead of trying to provide in-depth details for one or two. If you have more questions, feel free to ask in the comments and I will either answer right away or if I am unsure I will seek further clarification through official channels.

The first question comes from Thief


Hey,

Is defense bypass like defense handicap in the sense that 50% will cut down the enemy defense of a certain damage type by half?

Hey Thief,

Yes, and no, it does not cut the damage in half. What it does is reduces the resistance in half on the ship. Or in the case of negative resistance, it can add to the damage done. This ability makes PvE hull useless in base hitting as they rely more on resistance than deflection. The only special that you could add to your hulls to be useful against Turrets and cut the damage done is the Siege Battery, Frontline CM, and Resonance Capacitor (thank you for reminding me of the name in our conversation). The three specials mentioned have the ability to cut turret damage in half or close to half and they cannot have that reduced through defense bypass.

Follow up questions from Thief talked about weapons like the Harrier with a particular damage bypass. The weapons with an appropriate damage bypass work the same in that they lower the target's resistance to that damage type and help you deal more damage.

Thank you, Thief, great questions!

The second issue comes from Lettie and concerns the 109


Hey,

I heard the 107 is going away eventually and will be replaced with the 109, Will my Berserkers work?

Hey Lettie,

Yes. The Berserkers will work and might require a small refit to them so they could optimize the 109. You will want to make your explosive resistance as close to 90% and over if possible. The second resistance you will beef up is the missile resistance stat. Your next course is a good mortar the best choices are Judgment or Firestorm Coaxial. Other mortars can work such as Pando, Siege or Chaos depending on what you have available. The best hull for the target, of course, would be the Citadel, and if you do not have the Berserker or Nova will help you get the frags and shards you need to obtain that blueprint.

Thank you Lettie great question!

The third question comes from NVME007


Hey bud,

What did you have to do to become a mod?

Hey NVe,

You need to show some knowledge of the game. As well you need to be helpful on the forums. I am not sure if some trolling helps, but having the ability to shrug off the insults and verbal attacks others throw at you is helpful too. For me, I was asked when the spot became available. I accepted of course because I came back after my two-week break with a resolve to be helpful to the community and try to share my love of this game. This new attitude I had showed the team I was willing to put aside my snark and trolling behavior at times to be a benefit to the team.

 If you can show these things, you can also approach CM Doomrooster and ask him if they are looking for new mods. This action will at least put you on his radar for a possible mod in the future when a spot becomes available. 

Thank you Nve great question!

The last question comes from Dutchrudder88


Hey Specs,

Does the multi shot from Blunderbuss turret get its critical chance for each projectile, so 12 chances for critical?

Hey Dutch,

Yes, that is how that works. Multishot means that the weapons will fire all the projectiles at once, and that would mean the damage is divided among the shots. This ability also means that if you add EM Rails to the blunderbuss, you could get 12 critical if the RNG god’s love you. 

On my blunderbuss, they are all getting the EM rails three minima just for this chance at seeing some nice damage done to attacking fleets.

Thank you Dutch great question!

Summary


To keep this article short I thank all the questions this last week. I know that I did not answer all of them, and apologize to those I did not select. They were great questions I just felt these four were more important than sharing build advice I gave you. I would like to try to keep your build, your build a little while longer.

If you would like to ask me a question and have it answered, please feel free to contact me through the email link specsworld.co or Kixeye forum. Thank you again for the excellent questions this week you guys kept me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment