Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A Day in the life of a New Battle Pirate Player

Tier 3 of the FM and raiding

by Specs

It has been a bit since I updated this, mostly because of the time it takes to make any real strides in progress taking my approach. I am a level 45 now, and I have just reached Tier 3 in the weekly. Half my stands are level 4, labs are all level 10, four warehouses are level 11. I am working on finishing my DNX fleet for the weekly as I would love to hit Tier 4 before too long. I am close but need a few more pieces from the FM to make that happen.

The goal now is to try and take as long as I can to get to level 50. This goal will be reached by keeping my intake of resources low and researching needed technology. Needed technology at this point is Guidance Scrambler 3. Harden barrels 3, auto loader 3, Solid fuel boost 3, laser targeting 1 (could go to three, but only want the retargeting true for hulls that do not have it).

If you had spectres from two months ago, you could have gotten Tiger sharks this last raid. I did not participate in the raid with this account beyond testing the targets with my specs to see that it was doable, and it was possible to do the Tier 3 targets with a properly fitted fleet of spectre subs. This fleet needed Magnus (from the weekly), Bat 3 (or stealth attack system from weekly) and Ablative Armor 3 (from research). Coupled with your best torps, I will say that charons  (from raid two months ago, or this last raid, or the weekly) are the best torp to use with these subs. But, the new torps in the weekly will help you along until you get the better torps. Stay away from using the fire twister torpedo on the spectre sub; it will miss more than hits on targets that are moving.

Going forward, I will not be doing the raids on this account as there just is not enough time to do that on my main account and this one. I will try to test targets with the equipment I have to make sure it is possible to hit at least 3 million in a raid with seat time.

My FM builds with DNX



Video of me completing tier 3 for the first time in FM




I will say that I could have done Tier 3 sooner, probably two levels ago as I think 2 DNX fully fitted will do the 47 just as well. I just was lazy and did not bother with it until I had all four partially built. My next update will come as I get to Tier 4, or if you would like to see some of the campaigns let me know. I have done up to shell the shore to mastery.

Some changes to this build for 60's and 67 would be better Siege Battery, Siege Targeting, MX special. To go to the 80s, I will want MX-3, Siege Targeting and siege battery 3 and a better mortar like the Siege Mortar from the FM, or even the Chaos mortar in Tier 3.

I hope you find this post helpful and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment