Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A day in the Life of a New Battle Pirates Player June 14, 2016


Today the goal is to get to bunker buster, or close to it. The reason is that it will help with doing some of these campaigns when we get those long range weapons like Javelin and Halo firing at us. The bunker buster, even the small, will take them out easy. The method being used to be called daisy cutter spam in the day, but with the revamp of the rockets we have to do a bit more research to get a real rocket in those campaigns. This also means that I will have to upgrade my launch pad to at least level 3. I will start my Levi-A builds, and the plan is to put two hellstorm on them with 3x Diplo IV mortars. This should hopefully get me into the range of the stands in the 37 to allow T1 FM going forward and building up to T2.

The reason for the mortars over thuds, is that they have range, and right now I cannot get my thuds to match that range of 85 without doing upgrade advanced lab to 10 and researching Harden barrel 3, at that point I will have a ballistic range better than the mortar. The other is the splash, and it should damage the whole platform pretty good allowing me to kill faster and getting out of the target with the fleet intact.

I also encountered a snag with my initial plan to getting Advance lab to 8; I need to get the outpost to level 5 first, which means I have to get my Warehouses up even more. So, I will try to do the Levi-A build without the tech from the lab to see how I do. With this development, if possible I would keep one of the campaigns from the earlier levels around for quick resources, level 24 campaign resources are small, and that leaves me having to spend most of my time hitting cargos for resources to fill up.

Building Upgrades

•    Launchpad 2

Ship builds

•    Levi A – Diplomat IV x 3 (will refit engine and resistance after I get them done)

Research

•    Daisy cutter, medium, large
•    Widow Maker – Small
•    Bunker Buster - small

I did get through the first stage of the level 24 campaign this morning, and that got me the rockets. This rocket is an impressive weapon at this level and could help you with this campaign if you wanted to take the time to put them on a fleet. We have the BB-A that is built now and could be refitted with the rocket quicker than building new. I will not go that route as I am not that impressed with rockets.

With the level 24 campaign there are a few ways to tackle it. You do not need to use ballistics and chew through the walls if you do not want to go that route. You could do it with missiles, mortars, and even rockets if that is where you went to begin with. You might have some issue after target 3 with the bombards and flak guns in the targets. But, if you went with the researched rockets and got you some bunker busters, even those will not be an issue as you can just take them out and then come in with your desired fleet.

This play through I am trying it as they recommend, and it is possible, I am running two fleets that are instant repair and not even trying to drive as they die pretty quickly.

I end day eight at level 26

No comments:

Post a Comment