Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A day in the life of new Battle Pirate Player June 22, 2016



Today the Weekly starts, this is the new weekly, and there were some changes made by the looks of it. According to the update notes we will have the following targets:

Level                       Payout
40                          53,000
47                        130,000
60                        420,000
67                     1,300,000
80                     3,600,000
87                     9,700,000
107                 73,000,000

Spawning 
Base level            Target spawned
1-35                     Stronghold 40
36-47                   Stronghold 47
48-63                   Stronghold 60
64-77                   Stronghold 67
78-83                   Stronghold 80
84-94                   Stronghold 87
90-999               Stronghold 107 and 109
The interesting thing here is the 40, is this going to be the old style 40? Or with the rhinos, citadels, and massive mortars? This change does present me with a problem, as I was gearing my fleet up to handle explosives mostly and some missiles. If it is the old style, then I need to switch to mostly missile and a few anti-mortars to take on the mortars in the target. If it is the old style, this is good news for new players as those are easy to build and plan for. Guess I will have to wait a few hours, and plan to do another write up later today once I see these targets.

For now, today is pretty much getting doing warehouses to level 10, well starting them as they are about 13 hours a piece. When I get all three done, I should be able to start Outpost upgrade 5. My weapons and naval labs are still at eight, though, as they are not that important at this stage of the game. You could take them to their max level before going to Outpost 5, but the advance lab is more important right now to get the second tier of engines and the better resistance.


Today building goals


  • 2x Warehouse level 10
  • The building last Levi diplomat mortar shell – will be ready in time for XP weekend.


I will spend 1 hour this morning hitting salavages, and an hour tonight hitting salvages once I test the 40 strongholds.

Update on the FM changes:

To date, I do not have a fleet that can do the lowest level stronghold. Each of the level 40 strongholds have 3x Dead Executioners, 1x Draconian Mortar, 1x Citadel with looks to be two mortars and one rhino with 2x blade.

I cannot get close enough to the target my ballistic fleet without it dying to the Dead Eye, I lose three of the five before getting to the platform, and another one as I am about to hit the platform and the last as I fire my poor shots. I tried the mortars I have, and the diplomat mortars did a bit better damage wise, I got 426 points with the ballistic fleet and 524 with my mortar fleet.  I did not take out even one turret, though, I have an idea to do the 40, but I am not ready for it.

It is apparent that they do not want mid-level 20's doing week one of the weekly at this point. Which is sad, because there is no way to do the foundry ships unless you have those FM pieces needed from the first and second prize. I will post here as I develop the strategy and build the fleet, might try to armor the fleets I do have up a bit and see how that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment